Context: the impulse of the actions by the private sector and governments of emerging economies, including the so-called BRIC group (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa), plays an increasing role in the national and Latin American scenario and is part of the logic of regional competitiveness. Areas of regional integration as the Union of South American Nations (Unasur) have created a platform attached to the South American Council of Infrastructure and Approach (Cosiplan), the decision-making instance in projects of regional scale Although there are guidelines for citizen participation, these are not implemented yet. Thus, one of our motivations is to achieve the proper functioning of these bodies with the participation of civil society.
Objective: to monitor sectorial policies, in particular the infrastructure policies, that the States promote with financial support from multilateral and national development banks, whose effects cause social and environmental impacts.
- Analyze the types of investments in infrastructure and energy generation projects that are ahead in regions that have strategic ecosystems from the social and environmental point of view.
- Contribute in the planning of an advocacy strategy before political forums and financial institutions in the region.
- Disseminating the results of the projects in massive and alternative media.
- Development of a database with the mapping of the road infrastructure projects.
- Preparation of a document analyzing the vision and foresight of the Latin American regional integration bodies such as Unasur and the Mesoamerica Project, against strategic territories.
- Development of virtual information bulletins on the BRICS group, position, political, economic, social and environmental impacts, financing, representative projects for each country and state of progress.
- Database installed and running with at least 10 projects.
- Analytical documents about the integration bodies and funders of megaprojects.
- Publication of 3 virtual newsletters for circulating at national and regional levels.